Hit and Run Accident Claims

  • In Florida, a “Hit and Run”, also known as Leaving the Scene of an Accident, is defined as failing to remain at the site of a vehicle crash and fulfill other statutory duties, when the crash involves bodily injury, property damage, or death. 

  • So what happens in the unfortunate event that you are the victim of a Hit and Run where the at-fault driver leaves the scene of an accident? How do you get compensated if you can’t find the at-fault driver? 

  • You can obtain UM Coverage (also known as Uninsured and/or Underinsured Motorist Coverage), which covers injuries caused by an auto accident where the at-fault driver is uninsured (has no insurance) or under-insured (not enough insurance).

  • This is an optional coverage, which is not required, but is highly beneficial to everybody – whether they are involved in a hit and run, or any type of automobile accident. 

  • If you are the victim of a Hit and Run, you should do the following immediately: 

  1. Call the police. 

  2. Call your insurance company (from the    scene of the accident) as soon as possible. 

  3. Seek medical treatment for your injuries. 

  4. Contact an attorney. 

The Gelber Law Group Hit and Run attorneys can provide you with the proper legal guidance if you or a loved one were the victim of a hit and run accident.